Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

actual view scale

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2018, 02:31 PM by Seaking.)

This would help a lot.  I am often zooming in to make a point close to another one. I miss having a scale in the lower part of the screen showing if I am at 100 M, 1 m or a couple of mm close to something. It of course changes as you zoom in or out.

Seaking

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 09:00 AM by Ted Woods.)

(04-24-2018, 02:30 PM)Seaking Wrote: This would help a lot.  I am often zooming in to make a point close to another one. I miss having a scale in the lower part of the screen showing if I am at 100 M, 1 m or a couple of mm close to something. It of course changes as you zoom in or out.

Seaking

I actually thought the same myself when using google maps.  They have the simple |________100m_________| at the bottom of the screen.  It is handy.   I will look into incorporating it in Kubla Cubed 2018.  I can't promise as Kubla Cubed 2018 has a pretty large feature request page already and it has a fixed deadline of UK construction week so we might not be able to fit everything in.  We will get it in a future update for sure though.

Cheers

Ted

Yes Ted, that is the idea. I remember zooming in and looking at it all the time and miss it now. I will keep plugging ideas up here as I go along and remember what I miss , hope you like most of them.

(04-26-2018, 12:22 PM)Seaking Wrote: Yes Ted, that is the idea. I remember zooming in and looking at it all the time and miss it now. I will keep plugging ideas up here as I go along and remember what I miss , hope you like most of them.

Just in case you don't already know.   Holding down 'M' and moving the mouse in most screens will give you a distance.  If you are wanting to know what zoom factor you are in then that can be used.  Obviously not as easy as having a scale bar displayed at all times though.

I knew about the use of the m key, but had not thought about using it like that....THANKS!!!