Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Tabs

I'm working on a large earthworks project made up of a number of phases . The site is large and the phases I've referred to are individual mini-projects spread out over the entire site plan. Each phase needs to be dealt with individually, even though ultimately, of course, they overlap. As a result my Kubla project now has a lot of tabs dealing with the construction phases. This is now making navigating cumbersome. The ability to be able to hide tabs would be useful.

For example the work to measure the remodeling of an existing berm is now complete and by the time I was done I had created 23 individual tabs. As I don't have to do anything more with those tabs (at least for now) it would be great to be able to hide them.

By the way, just in case anyone suggests that I should create an entirely new Kubla Project for the next phase; I thought about that. It doesn't work. This is because I have work elements in the new phase that overlap with the berm remodeling phase - Asphalt paving is a very good example.

(06-21-2018, 03:04 PM)KevinD Wrote: I'm working on a large earthworks project made up of a number of phases . The site is large and the phases I've referred to are individual mini-projects spread out over the entire site plan. Each phase needs to be dealt with individually, even though ultimately, of course, they overlap. As a result my Kubla project now has a lot of tabs dealing with the construction phases. This is now making navigating cumbersome. The ability to be able to hide tabs would be useful.

For example the work to measure the remodeling of an existing berm is now complete and by the time I was done I had created 23 individual tabs. As I don't have to do anything more with those tabs (at least for now) it would be great to be able to hide them.

By the way, just in case anyone suggests that I should create an entirely new Kubla Project for the next phase; I thought about that. It doesn't work. This is because I have work elements in the new phase that overlap with the berm remodeling phase - Asphalt paving is a very good example.

Are you aware that you can load the surfaces from one .kcp file into another?

I probably would recommend setting it up as more than one project, but load your existing terrain for the second project from output of the first.  Does that make sense?  I think that should resolve the issue that the levels from your first project overlap with the second.

To load surfaces from another .kcp you just use the '+' button then choose 'Triangle Surface' (I guess you used a 'Feature Surface' before) and then choose the .kcp project you want to load the surface from.  You will get a list of the output surfaces from each phase of the loaded project.  You should choose the last one if you are just continuing on where the previous project left off.

BTW, you will have to re-load the existing for you second project if the first one changes.  The surface is fixed at the time you load it and it will not update if you change the first project.

Hope this helps!