Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Drainage measurement

This probably goes way beyond the scope of what is intended for this software, but it seems to me that this could be a good platform for the measurement of drainage.

I have looked hard for a software package which can measure drainage. The only example I have found is MasterBill. I got a demo of the software; the drainage package looks good but unfortunately it is only sold as a add-on to the main measurement software (which is expensive).

Once all the proposed levels have been applied in Kubla Cubed, manholes could be plotted with invert levels/depths for each one and drain runs could be plotted between the manholes. This could produce a schedule of the length of drain runs in different depth categories and produce a spreadsheet in line with SMM7 or NRM2 measurement practices.

(07-24-2018, 06:51 PM)Marcus Wrote: This probably goes way beyond the scope of what is intended for this software, but it seems to me that this could be a good platform for the measurement of drainage.

I have looked hard for a software package which can measure drainage. The only example I have found is MasterBill. I got a demo of the software; the drainage package looks good but unfortunately it is only sold as a add-on to the main measurement software (which is expensive).

Once all the proposed levels have been applied in Kubla Cubed, manholes could be plotted with invert levels/depths for each one and drain runs could be plotted between the manholes. This could produce a schedule of the length of drain runs in different depth categories and produce a spreadsheet in line with SMM7 or NRM2 measurement practices.

Hi Marcus,

Interesting thoughts.  We have considered making a spin-off package to design drainage, using the surfaces created in Kubla Cubed.  It sounds more like you want to measure drainage which has already been designed and is shown on your plans.

We do have a major update coming up (Kubla Cubed 2018) which is scheduled to have new features to enable additional measurements, other than the earthworks it currently measures.  This will allow you to measure simple lengths, item counts and areas by drawing them on the screen.

This may help you a lot with these measurements, although perhaps it won't cover everything you are after.  However, it will allow you to add items (e.g. manholes) and lines (e.g. pipes) and then it will summarise the number of items and lengths of the pipes in the reports.  By naming these cleverly when you draw them you may be able to split them up into the appropriate categories for SMM7 or NRM2.

As far as how we could integrate these ideas more comprehensively, that will take a bit of thought on our side.  We do have ideas to add a trench element, which includes defining things like pipes and back-fill materials.  However, it's a long-term plan at this stage so I couldn't give you a date when we expect that.

Leo