Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Excavation volumes by depth

Currently Kubla defines excavations by total volume. Under NRM2 ( or SMM7) excavation volumes are referenced by depth.

ie;

Excavation:  Bulk Excavation:   Not exceeding 2m deep:  20m3
                                                                   2-4m deep:  130m3

Is there a methodology to define this?

(01-23-2017, 02:07 PM)Jules Attwood Wrote: Currently Kubla defines excavations by total volume. Under NRM2 ( or SMM7) excavation volumes are referenced by depth.

ie;

Excavation:  Bulk Excavation:   Not exceeding 2m deep:  20m3
                                                                   2-4m deep:  130m3

Is there a methodology to define this?

Jules, I do agree, but my personal opinion of SMM7 & NRM are miles behind MMHW & CESMM with it's definitions, but if you set you're levels or depths, you can easily  alocate the volumes to the depth zones you require.
Cheers
Tim

Hi Chaps,

Being from an engineering background I must admit I'm not experienced in these quantity surveying standards, so I'll have to take a look at those when I have a moment free.

However, we have had a few requests like this one.  For example another user wanted to have the area of excavation less than 0.5m, because they priced shallow excavations by m2 instead of m3.  We've been thinking about how we can implement a solution that works for everyone and we're aiming to have that out in the first half of this year.

In the meantime there may be a trick we could use like TimO suggested , like offsetting the proposed or existing to get each layer volume.  This would depend on the context, so if you have a current project where you need this feel free to email our support and we'll give you some feedback.

Leo