Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Cut and Fill Pulsing...

While trying out various buttons in the Display dialog box, the cut and fill colors started pulsing light to dark in about one-second intervals. That's usually some kind of alert that something's wrong, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Also, when I start the program it always asks to restore from auto recovery rather than offering files to open. Probably a button somewhere I clicked without knowing it.

(07-25-2024, 04:40 PM)Prairieboy Wrote: While trying out various buttons in the Display dialog box, the cut and fill colors started pulsing light to dark in about one-second intervals. That's usually some kind of alert that something's wrong, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Also, when I start the program it always asks to restore from auto recovery rather than offering files to open. Probably a button somewhere I clicked without knowing it.

Hi Prairieboy,

The pulsing/animation cut and fill data is highlighting the selected element, rather than signifying an error. The pulsing can be stopped either by right clicking in the model space (directly over the animation) or right clicking on the selected element in the right hand panel (below: 'Surface' is selected).

For completeness in answer to your question, the presence of errors in the calculations are displayed in a box at the top middle of the screen (just below the menu) while errors in Measurement elements are displayed in red text just under the element name. Errors in Measurement elements prevent some measurement reporting, whereas errors in Elevation element prevent exports in their entirety.

Cheers, Rich