Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Cross Section with multiple surfaces

Hi:

Is there a way where I can view a Cross Section with all the surfaces lines included?
I have the following surfaces:

Existing
6" Stripping
Proposed Elevations
Proposed Special Fill

Thanks

(03-24-2021, 01:17 PM)ropabon Wrote: Hi:

Is there a way where I can view a Cross Section with all the surfaces lines included?

Existing
6" Stripping
Proposed Elevations
Proposed Special Fill

Thanks

Hi Ropabon

Welcome to the forums.

The only way to do this currently is by exporting the spreadsheets into Excel and then combining them there.  It's a bit fiddly but will get you the results you require.

The process is described at the end of the video Kubla Cubed 2019 | Measurements - Cross Sections

You will probably be able to do it with the cross sections exported to CAD as well but that requires a CAD licence and quite a bit of CAD knowledge.  

We do have plans to add a way to do this directly in the program, but currently we are working on other features.

(03-24-2021, 04:21 PM)Ted Woods Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 01:17 PM)ropabon Wrote: Hi:

Existing
6" Stripping
Proposed Elevations
Proposed Special Fill

Thanks

Hi Ropabon

Welcome to the forums.

The only way to do this currently is by exporting the spreadsheets into Excel and then combining them there.  It's a bit fiddly but will get you the results you require.

The process is described at the end of the video Kubla Cubed 2019 | Measurements - Cross Sections

You will probably be able to do it with the cross sections exported to CAD as well but that requires a CAD licence and quite a bit of CAD knowledge.  

We do have plans to add a way to do this directly in the program, but currently we are working on other features.

Hi Ted:

It worked for me. I hope you can add that option to the program in the near future.
Thanks for the help. 

Star 

I would agree that being able to see the multiple surface lines would be a great addon. We are constantly identifying Local Lidar surfaces or designers OG, Our surveyed Original Ground, Stripping, Rock Surface, Rough grading, subtracted subgrades etc.

Just raising this old thread as its most relevant to my query, any chances this can be incorporated in a single view within Kubla?