Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Copy & Paste Outlines

I have created an outline for topsoil strip.  On another TAB (phase), I want to use that same outline to setup a platform so that I can determine the site balance elevation.  I am pretty sure that I am getting the copy part right on the topsoil strip phase, select all points using the arrow feature in the upper left hand corner of the outline coordinates list and then doing a control-C, but I cannot get these coordinates pasted on the next phase.  What is the sequence of operations I must do on the new phase to paste the coordinates?

(01-25-2022, 01:52 PM)djungst Wrote: I have created an outline for topsoil strip.  On another TAB (phase), I want to use that same outline to setup a platform so that I can determine the site balance elevation.  I am pretty sure that I am getting the copy part right on the topsoil strip phase, select all points using the arrow feature in the upper left hand corner of the outline coordinates list and then doing a control-C, but I cannot get these coordinates pasted on the next phase.  What is the sequence of operations I must do on the new phase to paste the coordinates?

Hi Djungst

I think the trick is with that method is to create an outline in the platform with just some random positions.  Then expand the outline so you can see the points list then click on the arrow again and do Ctrl+V.   

However there is a better method that is easier if you are copying just in Kubla Cubed and not to a spreadsheet.  What you can do is just click on the outline element and select Ctrl+C and then create a platform, cancel the creation of the first outline and paste.

After this you create another element (it can be a different phase), cancel the initial outline that is being traced and press Ctrl+V or select Edit->Paste from the menu bar.