Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

How to navigate and use the Load Contours tool set

(07-25-2024, 05:59 PM)Martin Bell Wrote: Hi Prarieboy,

I have also noticed when importing a CAD plan and trying to filter linework out sometimes it does not allow me to select specific lines.
Does anyone know the linetype criteria required to be selected:
* Featureline
* 3d poly
* poly
* arc
* spline
or is it to do with the linetype (continuous, dashed etc...)

I ensured my lines were not block references or grouped. Any help is greatly appreciated Smile

Somehow, I managed to accidentally accomplish importing the minor contours from my .dxf file. I wish I could explain how it happened but I don't understand the tool set after having reviewed the user manual many times. I couldn't include the major (5' intervals) contours, only one layer, so I simply digitized those in. I also digitized in all of the proposed contours from a geo-located PDF which was no problem for me having drawn and digitized thousands in my mapmaking days...

And so, I'm not much help except to say that it is somehow possible to import contours from a CAD file. Most of the time when the cursor selected the first contour I got the message that there was nothing to import. For reasons unknown, it occasionally works. Good luck, and I hope we can figure out how the process is supposed to work. Tutorial videos are often from different versions of KC and use tools that are either no longer available or are renamed and embedded where I can't find them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to navigate and use the Load Contours tool set - by Prairieboy - 07-25-2024, 06:18 PM