Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Slope Angle Visualisation (Shading Map)

(03-22-2018, 03:49 PM)MarcusJoel Wrote: This is not something I have ever been asked for or even considered, but it is an interesting idea.

I often measure large housing projects and it is often a condition that gardens do not exceed a particular incline (resulting in the design of many retaining walls). With this in mind, it would be useful to have a visual tool which shaded by incline. It might come in helpful when performing a value engineering exercise to see what affect the removal of retaining walls has on a site to see if the inclines are still at acceptable levels.

Hi Marcus,

We'll definitely look into implementing this in the future, but I just thought I'd mention that there's a workaround for this in case you have a similar project in the near future.

The version of Kubla Cubed we have just released can export surfaces to LandXml.  There's a free software for viewing LandXml called Carlson Precision 3D and this allows you to visualise the surfaces with shading based on incline.  You may find this a useful tool until we have implemented this functionality into Kubla Cubed itself.

Leo

Messages In This Thread