Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Performance Issues

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2023, 03:59 PM by MadScientist67.)

Good morning all, 

I'm having some performance issues with Kubla Cubed, but not the usual sort. It's not that the program's using too many resources on a limited machine but rather that it's not using enough. I've got a pretty impressive laptop that I'm using. It's handled everything that I've ever thrown at it except Kubla. 

Laptop specs: 
Dell Vostro 15 7510
Processor: 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz[Cores 8] [Logical processors 16]
RAM: 16GB RAM
Graphics: integrated graphics + NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop (Kubla is forced to the standalone GPU)

I get that the RAM could be a little better, but here's the thing: When I start running Kubla nothing gets maxed out. If I close out of everything else, the processor usage drops to around 15% and doesn't really spike above around 30%. The RAM usage will stay around 12GB, and the GPU doesn't go nuts either. Yet it takes 30 minutes sometimes to render the existing contours on a single sheet and it's always run this slow. What gives? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The attached screenshot is what my task manager performance tab looks like after Kubla's been sitting and working for ~20min after I clicked the "contours" tab to edit the existing contours on one sheet. Nothing else is running beyond normal background processes.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Performance Issues - by MadScientist67 - 02-24-2023, 03:41 PM
RE: Performance Issues - by Ted Woods - 02-28-2023, 07:28 PM
RE: Performance Issues - by MadScientist67 - 03-02-2023, 08:05 PM