Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Is Kubla the right tool for me?

(04-09-2020, 02:52 AM)DuncanKing Wrote: HI

Is there any update on the 2020 version that includes the identification of subsurface layers such as fill, clay, rock, which will then form part of the excavation calculation?

Thanks
Duncan

Hi DuncanKing

For various reasons we have changed our road map in that regard.  There are a variety of oft requested features on our road map that users want and after a review and some successful tests of other features we decided to shelve the material support in favor of other items. 

Kubla Cubed 2020 (V6.x) is not going to support materials and bore holes but instead is going to focus on improvements to CAD integration, extraction of vectors from PDF files and improvements to the usability of the current tools with the introduction of complex outlines for all elements as well as a lot of other smaller but important improvements.

Materials complicates matters considerably and before we do that we wanted to make the current platform a stable and user friendly platform our users can rely on for a number of years while we redesign the program to take it to the next level.

After Kubla Cubed 2020 is released there will be a reworking of the design to accommodate the more advanced features like materials and heal elements.  There will also be new technology used that wasn't available or was in its infancy when Kubla Cubed was first conceived leading to many potential improvements to the UI and visualization.  We are hoping to release this now in a 2022 release.  There will then be three tiers consisting of Kubla Cubed Lite (free), Kubla Cubed Pro, and Kubla Cubed Ultimate.  Kubla Cubed Pro will map more or less to the current offering whereas the ultimate edition will feature the new material and bore hole capability. 

That being said in the current version of Kubla Cubed even though you can't input the site conditions using bore hole input you can calculate different layers of strata that you are adding to the site by seperating the project into different phases and using a new phase for each material that you are adding on.  A lot of people use this method and name the phases accordingly. 

If you want to know more about this method it might be an idea to create a new post about that.

I hope this answers your questions.

Messages In This Thread
Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Bushman - 02-14-2019, 12:25 AM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by TimO - 02-14-2019, 01:42 PM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Bushman - 02-15-2019, 12:47 AM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Bushman - 02-18-2019, 09:14 AM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Mike - 08-04-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Bushman - 07-19-2019, 04:01 AM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Ted Woods - 04-14-2020, 10:26 AM