Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Squaring outlines of platform

Is there a way to layout a square or define the angle of a corner point for platforms and slopes?  My job is a 6 acre sloping pad. The only info to go on is end and side lengths with instructions to have pad square with the property line.  Hard to draw exact edge lengths and get perfect rectangle by just drawing on the screen.  Sure its a simple solution that im missing.  Wes

(05-10-2020, 10:30 PM)h-earthworks Wrote: Is there a way to layout a square or define the angle of a corner point for platforms and slopes?  My job is a 6 acre sloping pad. The only info to go on is end and side lengths with instructions to have pad square with the property line.  Hard to draw exact edge lengths and get perfect rectangle by just drawing on the screen.  Sure its a simple solution that im missing.  Wes

Hi Wes,

Welcome to the Kubla Cubed forum! The Snapping features are what you need...

To help you create the perfect square, go to the menu... Edit-->Snap Points
Turn on (tick) options 'To Boundary Points' and 'To Grid'.
Set your grid interval to the precision needed, e.g. 1 metre. You can do this via menu... Edit-->Snap Points-->Grid Interval.
Next, to measure how far along a particular length you require, first create rulers/measurement of type 'Length'. and draw along the length/(s) required
Now, draw your square against the rule guides.

I've included an attachment of how this might look.

Kind regards,
Rich

(05-10-2020, 10:30 PM)h-earthworks Wrote: Is there a way to layout a square or define the angle of a corner point for platforms and slopes?  My job is a 6 acre sloping pad. The only info to go on is end and side lengths with instructions to have pad square with the property line.  Hard to draw exact edge lengths and get perfect rectangle by just drawing on the screen.  Sure its a simple solution that im missing.  Wes

Also in addition to Rich's answer you can actually use the snap to grid but instead of using the origin of 0,0 you can set your own origin point.  To do this make sure you have the latest version V5.11 or higher.

Edit->Snap Points->Grid Interval Origin

Basically you can either type in an origin point or go into the designer and set it by pressing Ctrl+O.