Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Slope Angle Visualisation (Shading Map)

Someone looking at Kubla Cubed recently said that it would be useful to have a feature in the program whereby you could shade the surface according to the incline of the surface.

I thought this was quite an interesting idea and wouldn't be too difficult to do.  The Cut\Fill map is shaded based on comparison of two surface so having another shading scheme using the incline on each triangle of the proposed should be to difficult either.

He said it was critical on some of his projects that no inclines were more than 1:15 on the site.   

Has anyone else got any input on this ? Is it something that would fine widespread interest.  

Something like this I am guessing is what it would look like : https://www.stratiformllc.com/blog/moder...lope-angle

This is not something I have ever been asked for or even considered, but it is an interesting idea.

I often measure large housing projects and it is often a condition that gardens do not exceed a particular incline (resulting in the design of many retaining walls). With this in mind, it would be useful to have a visual tool which shaded by incline. It might come in helpful when performing a value engineering exercise to see what affect the removal of retaining walls has on a site to see if the inclines are still at acceptable levels.

(03-22-2018, 03:49 PM)MarcusJoel Wrote: This is not something I have ever been asked for or even considered, but it is an interesting idea.

I often measure large housing projects and it is often a condition that gardens do not exceed a particular incline (resulting in the design of many retaining walls). With this in mind, it would be useful to have a visual tool which shaded by incline. It might come in helpful when performing a value engineering exercise to see what affect the removal of retaining walls has on a site to see if the inclines are still at acceptable levels.

Hi Marcus,

We'll definitely look into implementing this in the future, but I just thought I'd mention that there's a workaround for this in case you have a similar project in the near future.

The version of Kubla Cubed we have just released can export surfaces to LandXml.  There's a free software for viewing LandXml called Carlson Precision 3D and this allows you to visualise the surfaces with shading based on incline.  You may find this a useful tool until we have implemented this functionality into Kubla Cubed itself.

Leo