Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Update - Planned Features

I did a quick search but did not find any information on what features the next update will include. Also is there an area where you can vote on future suggested features?

(04-23-2021, 01:44 AM)JLaird Wrote: I did a quick search but did not find any information on what features the next update will include. Also is there an area where you can vote on future suggested features?

There is no formal list of yet as some things we are hoping to include but might not get enough time.  The things which are defiantly in are :
  • CAD Import for all elements (platforms, strips, spread, slopes etc.... previously only feature surface and triangle surface could do this). 
  • Ability to do punch outs in platforms, strips, spreads, slopes (previously this was only allowed in a feature surface). 
  • Enhanced linear path tool allowing points along the path to be interpolated from neighbours. 
  • Site plan PDF vector extraction to contour lines, break lines or outlines (this can be used in all elements). 
  • Join\Split tool for contour lines and break-lines.
  • Length and Area take-off will be able to be grouped so you can have the total areas and sub areas and the same with lengths allowing uses to use KC as a basic 2D take-off solution.
The other things we are working on are an offset tool and 'depth from' tool for all relative elements, although we might not be able to get these in the initial KC2021 release. 
'depth from' for relative elements doesn't sound like a big deal but it will actually enable much better workflows for some scenarios.  The main use case will be having a Feature Surface
with FFL levels and then using the subgrade adjust 'strip method', however this time strips can be set to have 'Depths From' the Feature Surface meaning they can override each other
without problems.  It's hard to explain but will make the 'strip method' projects a lot easier to complete.

In regard to your suggestions of a poll of features, that's a really good idea.  I think we will wait until KC2021 is released before we do it as otherwise a lot of the requests might
relate to stuff we are already doing.  There is a section in the forum called "Feeback\Suggestions" which is a great place to put ideas.

(04-23-2021, 10:37 AM)Ted Woods Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 01:44 AM)JLaird Wrote: I did a quick search but did not find any information on what features the next update will include. Also is there an area where you can vote on future suggested features?

There is no formal list of yet as some things we are hoping to include but might not get enough time.  The things which are defiantly in are :
  • CAD Import for all elements (platforms, strips, spread, slopes etc.... previously only feature surface and triangle surface could do this). 
  • Ability to do punch outs in platforms, strips, spreads, slopes (previously this was only allowed in a feature surface). 
  • Enhanced linear path tool allowing points along the path to be interpolated from neighbours. 
  • Site plan PDF vector extraction to contour lines, break lines or outlines (this can be used in all elements). 
  • Join\Split tool for contour lines and break-lines.
  • Length and Area take-off will be able to be grouped so you can have the total areas and sub areas and the same with lengths allowing uses to use KC as a basic 2D take-off solution.
The other things we are working on are an offset tool and 'depth from' tool for all relative elements, although we might not be able to get these in the initial KC2021 release. 
'depth from' for relative elements doesn't sound like a big deal but it will actually enable much better workflows for some scenarios.  The main use case will be having a Feature Surface
with FFL levels and then using the subgrade adjust 'strip method', however this time strips can be set to have 'Depths From' the Feature Surface meaning they can override each other
without problems.  It's hard to explain but will make the 'strip method' projects a lot easier to complete.

In regard to your suggestions of a poll of features, that's a really good idea.  I think we will wait until KC2021 is released before we do it as otherwise a lot of the requests might
relate to stuff we are already doing.  There is a section in the forum called "Feeback\Suggestions" which is a great place to put ideas.

Is KC2021 still scheduled for a release next month?

Hi Niko

I think we are looking at the end of June realistically we tried hard to get it ready for the end of next month but it needs a lot of testing with old projects and different workflows.  Some things have run slightly over.  I am doing a talk at the end of May and am going to be using a test version of Kubla Cubed 2021 in the demonstration.  You can attend for free if you want to take a look.  It's only an hour, and I will be going through a few different concepts about modern volumetric analysis : 

Estimating Earthworks Cut & Fill with Cascading TIN Volume Analysis

Hi Ted,

I'll see how that week goes for me.  I'm in Australia so that webinar will be at midnight here.

I enjoy working with your software, so I look forward to any updates.

(04-28-2021, 12:23 PM)Ted Woods Wrote: Hi Niko

I think we are looking at the end of June realistically we tried hard to get it ready for the end of next month but it needs a lot of testing with old projects and different workflows.  Some things have run slightly over.  I am doing a talk at the end of May and am going to be using a test version of Kubla Cubed 2021 in the demonstration.  You can attend for free if you want to take a look.  It's only an hour, and I will be going through a few different concepts about modern volumetric analysis : 

Estimating Earthworks Cut & Fill with Cascading TIN Volume Analysis

Hi Ted,

I just came to forum to check the status on the upcoming update as well. There's is a chance that I may not be able to attend the webinar but I signed up anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing the test version of Kubla Cubed 2021. I'm also particularly interested in the use of CAD data and machine control portion on the talk. I hope to see you there!

Nathan

Hi Ted,

I watched the recording of the webinar. It seems that you were using KC 2019 for the demonstration. Is there an update on the release of KC2021?

Regards,

Niko

(06-29-2021, 01:33 AM)niko Wrote: Hi Ted,

I watched the recording of the webinar.  It seems that you were using KC 2019 for the demonstration.  Is there an update on the release of KC2021?

Regards,

Niko

Hi Niko, 

We had a bit of a delay in the development of 2021, for various reasons. The new official launch date is next month, 15th July 2021! 

On the same day, we are hosting 2 webinars so that we can reach as many time zones as possible. The webinars will demonstrate the new features and changes. Below are the links to register:

KC2021 Launch Webinar 1
KC2021 Launch Webinar 2

We hope you can make one of them, but if you are unable to attend either event we will also share them on our website and YouTube afterwards. 

Many thanks,
Kate
<p><br></p>

Hi Kate,

Thank you for this, I have registered and look forward to it.

And thanks for considering us on the other side of the globe.

Regards,

Niko

(04-23-2021, 10:37 AM)Ted Woods Wrote:

I've been using InSite Earthworks for about 5 years now.  We are looking at other options that are on the market.  In Canada, over 95% of the tenders we bid on, we are not provided any model, or CAD drawings.  We are usually provided with a vector based PDF.  I assume this feature will allow a user to click on a contour line within a PDF site plan and then enter the elevation of that contour line?  As Kubla currently implements existing contour grades, this program isn't the right one for us (in its current state).

That being said, there are several features that look far superior.  I like being able to change the phasing of the excavation from switching the tab order.  The automatic visual for sloping on the excavation looks brilliant.  I'd be interested in seeing a slick pipe utility feature built into your software in a future update as well!