Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Importing information from 12d files

Hello Ted and the rest of the Kubla team.

I wanted to suggest integrating the importing of 12d format information directly into Kubla Cubed.

Is this at all a possibility?

Regards,

Niko

(09-22-2021, 03:55 AM)niko Wrote: Hello Ted and the rest of the Kubla team.

I wanted to suggest integrating the importing of 12d format information directly into Kubla Cubed.

Is this at all a possibility?

Regards,

Niko

Hi Niko,

Thanks for your question. With companies changing their file formats to include new features, keeping abreast and promising compliance to another proprietary format would be difficult to maintain.

We are not looking to implement a 12d format read. Instead our focus will be more towards further support for open standards, the next format in our sights is the BIM format ‘IFC’.

When considering interoperability of products from different vendors, there is often a third file format that can be used as an intermediary instead, although the extent to which these will be compatible, varies. Have you tried exporting to LandXML, CAD, etc.?

Our most recent development included with 6.1, is improved imports which can show you where there are any errors in a TIN.

Cheers,
Rich

Hi Rich,

No problem, I understand your stance on the various file formats.

I asked as some design consultants insist on providing design drawings in 12d format, which requires proprietary software to open and export to CAD or LandXML.

Thanks for responding, we'll put that idea to rest.

Regards,

Niko