Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Measurement

Hi, 

I am super new to this kind of software and Im having a problem that seems super basic but Im not sure how to fix it. I uploaded a pdf and I was just hoping to find some areas, but my measurement tool + key is grey and wont let me click on it. Just trying to troubleshoot because Im not sure what to change so that it will allow me to use the measurement tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(10-07-2021, 04:19 AM)Gabbymc12 Wrote: Hi, 

I am super new to this kind of software and Im having a problem that seems super basic but Im not sure how to fix it. I uploaded a pdf and I was just hoping to find some areas, but my measurement tool + key is grey and wont let me click on it. Just trying to troubleshoot because Im not sure what to change so that it will allow me to use the measurement tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Gabbymc12,

The first thing that you need to do after loading the PDF plan is to scale your project. After scaling you can make simple length measurements with the mouse by holding down the M key.

In order to use the Measurements Tool you need to create your Existing Phase. Start by adding a Feature Surface element and defining an outline. After that you can choose to continue adding your existing ground levels and once finished you can use the Measurements Tool.

If you want to start making measurements without defining your existing levels you can add a Feature Surface with a fixed level outline. However, in this case the plane defined by the outline might turn black and will block your site plan. As a workaround I suggest drawing the outline to the side and not around the site plan. This way you will be able to see the plan and make measurements.

We have a Youtube library with some useful walk-through videos and tutorials that can help you get started, for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prQc6BnR...1m&index=8

Cheers,
Virag