Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Importing Vectors

A method for importing vectors from a PDF would be helpful for defining contours. I realize elevation data is typically not included with the PDF vectors but this could easily be added to the contour once the vector was imported into the surface.

(09-18-2018, 09:32 PM)AggieBQ86 Wrote: A method for importing vectors from a PDF would be helpful for defining contours. I realize elevation data is typically not included with the PDF vectors but this could easily be added to the contour once the vector was imported into the surface.

We are currently working on Kubla Cubed 2018 which is due to be released in October.  Unfortunately it does not have that feature, we decided to spend more resource on upgrading our CAD integration and usability in some other areas.  

After the initial launch there is going to be a further upgrade with cross-section output functionality.  This will be free for Kubla Cubed 2018 Professional users.  We will hopefully start investigating the automatic vector take-off from PDF in 2019.

I will reply to your other post with other ideas about getting PDF vectors into CAD using other software and then import into Kubla Cubed.

(09-21-2018, 10:28 AM)Ted Woods Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 09:32 PM)AggieBQ86 Wrote: A method for importing vectors from a PDF would be helpful for defining contours. I realize elevation data is typically not included with the PDF vectors but this could easily be added to the contour once the vector was imported into the surface.

We are currently working on Kubla Cubed 2018 which is due to be released in October.  Unfortunately it does not have that feature, we decided to spend more resource on upgrading our CAD integration and usability in some other areas.  

After the initial launch there is going to be a further upgrade with cross-section output functionality.  This will be free for Kubla Cubed 2018 Professional users.  We will hopefully start investigating the automatic vector take-off from PDF in 2019.

I will reply to your other post with other ideas about getting PDF vectors into CAD using other software and then import into Kubla Cubed.

Hi AggieBQ86

You will be pleased to know that contour vectors can easily be imported with the newly released Kubla Cubed 2021.
All the contours can be imported at a height of 0.00m and then multiple elevations can be quickly set with the S.M.E. tool by specifying the height of the first contour and the increment in meters between each contour line.

Please find below the link to our video detailing the new features of Kubla Cubed 2021:

What's New in Kubla Cubed 2021?

Kind regards,

Mike

(08-04-2021, 02:37 PM)Mike Wrote:

Hi AggieBQ86

You will be pleased to know that contour vectors can easily be imported with the newly released Kubla Cubed 2021.
All the contours can be imported at a height of 0.00m and then multiple elevations can be quickly set with the S.M.E. tool by specifying the height of the first contour and the increment in meters between each contour line.

Please find below the link to our video detailing the new features of Kubla Cubed 2021:

Kind regards,

Mike

Mike,

I am using Kubla Cubed 2021 and I was wondering if you could make an additional option when loading contour lines from a pdf?  Could you add a check box to only add contour lines within the drawn outline?  Even with adjusting the tolerance to 19.7" there are 13,201 lines.  I only need a few of the actual lines.  Or maybe an option to select a group of lines only or remove a selection of lines from the example box on the right hand side when you pick the example. Even after cropping I got 13,000 points.  

Thanks for the update. 

Enoch  

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 08:54 AM by Ted Woods.)

(08-27-2021, 01:49 AM)archibald2019 Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 02:37 PM)Mike Wrote:

Hi AggieBQ86

Kind regards,

Mike

Mike,

I am using Kubla Cubed 2021 and I was wondering if you could make an additional option when loading contour lines from a pdf?  Could you add a check box to only add contour lines within the drawn outline?  Even with adjusting the tolerance to 19.7" there are 13,201 lines.  I only need a few of the actual lines.  Or maybe an option to select a group of lines only or remove a selection of lines from the example box on the right hand side when you pick the example. Even after cropping I got 13,000 points.  

Thanks for the update. 

Enoch  

Thanks for the feedback

We are going to look into this idea.  I think the easiest method is to have a checkbox that says "Only Import Entities inside Boundary Outlines" for the contour, breaks and point cloud import.  We had another project recently with the exact same problem.  We only wanted to deal with an area which covered about 20% of the contour set and the process would have been much better if we could have used a system like this.  I will speak to the development team about this and hopefully we can get it into a future update.

Hi Guys,

... Just thought I'd mention that the vector importer will respect any cropping you have done when you defined the site plan, so this will give you one option to crop content outside of a rectangle.

This may help, especially if your extraneous lines are in a title block, or something like that.