Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Kubla Cubed 2019 Released!

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 08:50 AM by Ted Woods.)

It's finally here! The long awaited Kubla Cubed 2019 has been launched with a host of new features and improvements.  

The biggest visual change in the new version is the addition of a new "Measure" panel which will provide a selection of measuring tools (Counts, Lengths, Areas) which have been frequently requested by our QS users.  Other enhancements include:
  • Volume Regions (report the cut\fill in different regions of the site on a single phase) 

• The site plans in the main window so you can align site plans with reference to each other.

• The feature surface take-off in the main window so you can align things together.

• Support for 'floating points', in the explicit outline and break-line definitions.  Fill in the points you know and the program will calculate the others automatically.

• Edit Menu -> Copy\Paste.

• Edit Menu -> Point Snapping that allows snapping to boundary lines and grid lines.

• Import\Export support for the DWG file format, also direct copy\paste of elements into the take-off window from CAD.

• An 'Off' option for earthwork element side batter allowing totally vertical side slopes (No more entering 1:0.01 to get an approximation).

• Phase drag & drop functionality.

• Cursor reporting of cut\fill\existing\proposed level in the 3D view.
If you are a Kubla Cubed Lite user you can download the new lite edition here.  For Professional users with a subscription the program will prompt you to upgrade the next time you launch the program.  Perpetual users can contact us directly to get an upgrade quote.

To watch a video of the latest features see here : What's new in Kubla Cubed 2019

Hello, I want to give you some feedback on the new version. I'm really enjoying the improvements to this program, however, it's crashing on me frequently while performing basic tasks that I would perform in the previous version. It happens while inputting and modifying break lines or when I'm defining a varying level outline but only when I make a mistake and choose to x out before completion of the outline. Has anyone else reported or experienced this problem?

Thanks, Nathan

(03-22-2019, 08:08 PM)Nate@MBX Wrote: Hello, I want to give you some feedback on the new version. I'm really enjoying the improvements to this program, however, it's crashing on me frequently while performing basic tasks that I would perform in the previous version. It happens while inputting and modifying break lines or when I'm defining a varying level outline but only when I make a mistake and choose to x out before completion of the outline. Has anyone else reported or experienced this problem?

Thanks, Nathan

Hi Nathan

Thanks for the feedback on that crash.  We managed to reproduce the problem on our tests machines and have applied a fix that we will be releasing in a new update later today (V5.1).

Just in case you don't already know, if you make a mistake whilst drawing a break-line you can go back a step by using the backspace key on the keyboard as an alternative to cancelling the whole thing and starting again.  

Cheers, Ted